Thursday, January 3, 2008

Simply said . . . What a wonderful Christmas and New Years!




I have to admit, I am so mad at myself. We got some video of Liam opening his presents but we forgot to get photos! These are some pictures I took of him on the morning of Christmas Eve. Ben calls them the "shepherd boy" photos. He was just so cute rolling around with his blanket.

Christmas this year was so great. We had so much fun. Liam made the holidays so much more meaningful. I spent more time reflecting on what's really important and what I want my children to know about Christmas. This year just felt really special to me. I'm sure it helped that I did all my christmas shopping online, so I wasn't ever in a bad mood from hectic holiday shopping!

For Christmas Eve we went to my mom's and had a huge seafood Paella with shrimp, salmon and crab legs. It was such a feast and sooo good. We stayed and hung out and watched movies. Then everyone (Ben's parents and my mom and brother) came over to our house Christmas morning to open presents and have Christmas brunch. I recently inherited Ben's grandma's fine china, so it was fun to have our brunch on nice china. We hung out all day eating treats, singing karaoke, doing puzzles, and watching movies. It was so fun to watch Liam open his presents. He had more fun with the paper than any of his toys. He got some fun toys. He has loved the musical toys he got. He got a guitar and maracas that sing in spanish and english. He is so curious and interactive now, he really enjoys playing and looking at books and watching people's faces and the sounds we make. He is such a little cutie! I just love how fun he is!

This New Year was really different. Every year my family goes down to Mexico and we celebrate New Year's with a big party eating lots of meat, downing 12 grapes right before midnight and then shooting rifles. Ben and I decided not to go this year and had a very quiet New Year celebration. We had some of our friends over for dinner and then just hung out and had some great laughs. After they left, we were both struggling to stay awake to see the ball drop in New York. It seemed so anticlimatic. Right after that we went and got in bed! The quietest New Year's ever!! I still wouldn't want to be anywhere else than right here on the couch next to my honey!

5 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Hey You guys, its the Jarvis Family! Nick, Amera and McCoy! We sure miss you guys and im glad I found your blogg! That baby of yours is so flipping cute I must say! He looks alot like Ben I think. Gaby, You are gorgeous girl, Ben sure got lucky! Love you guys, maybe we'll hear from ya!
Amera....Nick and McCoy Jarvis!

Jamie Lynn said...

Gabs! looks fun, Liam is a doll as always. I am here until the 13th so we need to get together and have lunch.. Let me know when you can!

Kendal and Kendra said...

wow what cute pictures! Liam and Kristin played so well together. His little laugh is so cute! We would love to see more of you guys! Tell Ben and little Liam hi for us!

Coleen Ure said...

Hey! I know it's been forever since we've seen you guys! Liam looks so dang cute in that blanket! Sounds like you had a really nice christmas. Ours felt so short becuase seth had his last final the 22nd so after that it was already here. Let's get together soon....

Kendal and Kendra said...

Hey- how 'bout a play date soon???! I know Ben is off of school- so let me know when will work for you!