Sunday, February 10, 2008

Selling a House = Craziness!

So I still can't believe we are selling our house. I am going crazy, I mean our house has only been on the market for 2 weeks and we've had a steady stream of people come and look, but I absolutely HATE the unknown and waiting. So this is the scoop: we found a house on forclosure that we fell in love with. We offered more than the bank was asking, but another guy got the house because he could move in right away. I was totally crushed because I got waaaay too emotionally invested (well, I could picture raising my kids there and Ben and I growing old there!) So we talked to our realtor and he said we should put our house on the market and see what comes along. His assistant sent us a listing for a house that was drastically reduced, so I drove the neighborhood and it was like magic. I went in the early afternoon when the whole neighborhood was crawling with cute little kids throwing snowballs at each other and just having a fun time. Its weird, I had spent the two hours prior driving neighborhoods looking at houses and nothing stuck out. But this house was just really different. Ben and I went back to drive the neighborhood that same night, walked through the house the next morning and offered that same day. Now some may say that's impulsive. But after HOURS of looking at houses online every single night for the past 4 months, and endlessly driving neighborhoods, we knew exactly what we wanted.
When Ben and I bought the house we live in now, I just felt that Heavenly Father really guided us here. And I feel that same way now, but its so hard to say that when we don't have the house yet and our contract is iffy. With the house we are trying to buy, the people moved out a few months ago because they had to relocate, so they are paying a double mortgage and are dying to sell their house. They accepted our offer, but if anyone else offers that can move in right away, they can take their offer with only a few days notice to us. Hence, massive anxiety for me! So anyone within the sound of my voice, call in your emergency prayers for us! Ha, love you all!

9 comments:

Kendal and Kendra said...

oh- I know what you mean about anxiety! I have it bad! I'll explain later! I want to play for sure! This week looks good. Let me know what will work for you- maybe wednesday? We miss you guys! Good luck with your house. I'll keep you in my prayers! Just remember- whats meant to be will be! Oh- I miss little Liam- Can't wait to see him! Love ya!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

That is so exciting Gaby! I can't wait for the day Mike and I can FINALLY buy a house. We'll have to ask you guys for advice! Love you!

Jamie Lynn said...

I feel the same way about our house. I don't know why, but we are supposed to be here! Good luck with all of it. Keep me posted. Put up more pics of little Liam so those of us who never see you anymore get our fix.

Love ya,
Jam

Jamie Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

yeah! Congrats!

AngiDe said...

Oh my gosh! You guys are selling youe house?!?! Where are you moving to? I can'te believe we haven't seen you guys for so long! ilove little Liam's face! What a sweetie he is! Can't wait for the day when we can meet him and little Ryah and him can play.
Hope all is well, best of luck in all the housing stuff! loves from us here in Michigan!!!
~the Dewey's

Coleen Ure said...

Good luck! That is exciting you already found another one you like so much. We'll be praying for you!

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Hey! I tagged you. Check out my blog to see.

Shay said...

I am happy for you
guess what I got a blog come check it out
www.smileysmoot.blogspot.com