Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The House Sold! Confessions, and Liam-isms!

Maybe if I wrote in some entries a little more often I wouldn't have to write so much! YES!! We sold our house! It was crazy, we had three offers come in on Monday, so we got exactly what we wanted! Yeah! I'm so glad that's done. And the cutest couple ever bought it, which makes it even sweeter. We want good people for our ward. The stressful news is we are moving in 2 weeks! Yikes! So we'll see how packing up everything and doing everything by myself will go. Ben is back in class 3 nights a week with intense homework the 4 mights he's home, so I'm back to single motherhood. But I'm just so happy everything worked out, nothing could take me off cloud nine this week.

A quick "Confessions of a Housewife"
First, only I would do this. So our realtor is so good at selling houses, but its because he has over 60 realtors that work for him in his office, so he nextworks well with all of them. He loaded about 50 in a greyhound bus and brought them over to highlight our house last week. Yeah, that's right. 50 strangers parading in and out of the house. They just parked the greyhound out front like nothing. All morning I was freaking out. I woke up at 6 am to start the frenzie of cleaning before they got here at 10 am. I was polishing the last of the glass when I heard a knock. So everyone came and left, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief until I walked over to the sink to find that I had left all my breast pump items in the sink!!! ugh! I was mortified! All these grown men either knew exactly what they were and were probably disgusted, or they had no idea. Ben keeps trying to convince me of the latter. Everything was spotless, and I kept thinking "I got to put those away somewhere . . . oh, I'll wash them really quick . . . oh shoot that still needs to be cleaned . . . I HAD better put those away before they get here . . . ok those are next on the list . . . " hmmmm. What do you do??

The day before was a huge storm. I thought I could move our 2,000 lb. garbage can by myself over by the fence. It was so snowy and slippery, the can hit some ice and pinned me down to the ground. I was in my jammies, no bra, and my slippers. The lid flipped up and hit me in the face and heavy garbage spilled out making the lid VERY heavy. I thought "What the heck! a) please someone, anyone find me and help me! b) oh I hope no one I know finds me; c) Liam is probably inside screaming by now. So you know when they talk about that crazy adrenaline that moms get when their baby is stuck under a car and they lift the car over their heads (does that really happen??) I thought of my little baby inside by himself and some insane strength came to me and pushed the can off! I was victorious over that stinky monster!! But I was soaked and majorly bruised.

The day before THAT we went up to see the new house. I was walking to look into the main front window when I disappeared! I fell right into a window well that covered over with large bushes. The well was so deep I was up to my chin. I can't believe I didn't break anything. Ben said it looked like when people get sucked into the ground in scary movies. And you know when you get hurt so bad you either burst out crying out or laughing?? I just burst out laughing because I was so embarrassed and shaken up. Oh man, its a jungle out there!

Here are some new pics of Liam. I realized that I only seem to take pictures of Liam when he is in his pajamas, so if you see a lot of him in the same blue outfits, that's why!


He just discovered the mirror on his play disc. He spends at least half an hour every day checking himself out!


Look how funny his feet are! He just started this new thing last week where he only sits with his legs crossed! It funny because he doesn't have very good balance when he sits like that, but he still crosses them all the time.


Feet crossed. I wonder if he sees me sitting indian style all the time and decided to give it a try!


He pulls all his toys out of his basket one by one.


Yeah! A fun discovery from the toy basket!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gaby! You're lucky to be alive, little lady!! I'm happy for you and sad for me...I guess you'll be available now, though, for our Tuesday girls' night!!

Kendal and Kendra said...

Gaby- I am so excited for you guys! Where is this new house of yours? Man- good luck moving these next couple of weeks! let us know how we can help you! Liam looks so cute in all those pictures. Kristin still had just 2 teeth! liam has a mouthful! I'd love to get together, but I know how busy you will be, so maybe when you get into your new house! Love ya!

Ruthanne said...

That was a great post, thoroughly entertaining! Liam is so cute! Good luck with the move, if you need any boxes I have a bunch you can have.

K Lovell said...

Gaby- I am sorry for all your pain, but the thought of you pinned under the garbage can did make me smile. You are to cute.

K Lovell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

I love your confessions... I did one of my own on my blog... you inspired me...

if you get a sec... will you email me your home address so I can send you a baby announcement when she comes!!

Katy

Katy said...

katymcgee@gmail.com

Bear of Very Little Brain said...

Laughing out LOUD! Screaming with laughter! Sorry about your catastrophe's, even the breast pump stuff in the sink! And Liam is the cutest - love the way he sits cross-legged. Oh Gaby, hope the move goes well. Really. I'll come here to discover what's going on - if you get your computer stuff up and going before most everything else. Love you, take care and hi to Ben.

BakerBloggers-Matt & Jenny said...

I just found your blog and it is so stinkin cute! Liam is a doll. We are going to miss getting to see you guys every week. Be sure to post pics of the new place. Or better yet, housewarming parties can be fun.
Jenny

Jenn said...

Hey Gaby! This is Jennifer Knighton, now Spencer! I was talking with Kandis the other night and told her I went to Granger, and she asked if I knew you! She said you were on her blog, so I thought I'd check you out! Your little Liam is SO adorable! You look very happy! Hope you are doing well! I have a blog too...check it out www.jenbenspencer.blogspot.com . It will be nice to stay in touch!

Kandis said...

Hey Gaby,
You're little guy is so amazingly cute..too bad he is a younger little man...or I'd set up my little Elle and him. DARN IT.
Congrats on selling your house.
We need to get together sometime for lunch..It's been too long.
Love Kandis
(have I told you my blog? I thought I did.... www.daveandkandis.blogspot.com )

Angelica's Family Adventures said...

You naughty girl, I found your site through someone elses. Congrats on the house selling.

Jennifer said...

What a cute little man! What awesome stories Gab. You are quite the storyteller. Hope all is well! Carl