Friday, October 26, 2007

Growing strong!


Here is Liam enjoying some time with his uncle Richy Rich. Que Guapo!


Liam getting some loves from his papa before leaving for church.



Liam's first day of his new high chair. Yes folks, he is moving on to solids and loving it.


Liam's first taste of rice cereal. He kept trying to steal the bowl away -- he just wanted to drink it up! Yummy!


This month has been way fun! Its so true that every stage gets funner and funner. So Liam got his 3rd haircut already! His hair grows so fast. I spike it up, but if I let it get too long his hair gets crazy! Too bad its not curly.
So when I took him to the doctor's office early this month for his 4 month check up, he said Liam was ready for solids. I don't think I was quite prepared, I kind of got a tear in my eye. My babes is getting old! I was planning on exclusively nursing until he was 6 months, but the doc says the boy needs some food. It was so funny the first day, because I expected him to just open his mouth and start eating. Most of the cereal was all over his face and on his jammies. But after about 3 days he started opening his mouth big to eat a spoonful and is loving eating . . . well, not green beans. He does an awesome bitter beer face with green beans.
Not a whole lot new with Ben and I, I just finished reading Freakanomics -- I highly recommend it. It was such a good book, I could hardly put it down. Ok, and I hate to admit it, but we are totally hooked on "The Office" this season. Ben had a class on Thursday night scheduled for his next session, but I think he secretly changed it so we could have our Thursday ritual of oreo shakes with "The Office". I'm pretty sure we'll be buying the previous seasons because we never had time for TV before. I'm kind of having this mixed emotion going on because we used to always pride ourselves on not watching any TV, but when Liam goes to bed I just find that I can't get enough of reality TV! Horrible. Confessions of a housewife . . . more to come in a few weeks.

3 comments:

Coleen Ure said...

Hey! We had so much fun hanging out with you guys last night! That's so funny about the TV because we are the sane way. We always prided ourselves in not watching it but it's hard when you all the sudden have the time. I'm hooked on abc.com......it's bad. Liam is such a cutie, his laughing is really cute, too.

Ryan said...

Hey Gaby,

Thanks for your post on my blog. It was good to hear from you. It sounds like you are both enjoying life with your little guy. Mine is just a month and a half older so I know how you feel. You guys are awesome. Please stay in touch.

Ryan Starks

Jamie Lynn said...

Gabs,

I can't believe you guys finally started watching the office. You would be shocked at how much TA is like one long episode, complete with a rented mechanical bull for Dave's birthday. Tomorrow marks the 1 year anniversary of our hilarious triumph as Dean and Matt. Makes me a little misty. What did you decide on the hair?