Sunday, October 7, 2007

Liam is now 4 months old!

Liam is just getting funner every day. This has been the month of squeals! Liam is cooing and squealing non-stop. He seems to always be saying “Look at me! Look how cute I am!” Then when we look over he gives us a huge smile showing off his gums.
When he’s sitting in his bouncy seat, he gives loud outbursts of coos, and seems to be saying “Look at how strong I am,” as he pumps his legs and arms as fast and hard as he can. He also holds his arms out stiff with his hands fisted and it looks like he’s riding a motorcycle. When he does this he purses his lips out like it takes all the concentration in the world to perform such a feat of strength.

Here is Liam snuggling with mama under some blankets!

Ben has started his balancing act with Liam. He will hold Liam in sitting position in his palm and balance him. At first it scared me to death because I was sure he was going to fall. Liam actually really loves it.


Drools! I think Liam will start teething soon . . . drool is everywhere now. His shirts get soaked now, and so do mine!


Another major development this month is Liam has found his thumb! He loves sucking his thumb! He also will suck any combination of two fingers, three fingers, four fingers, or even all five at a time. He does a pretty good job getting that whole fist to fit in his mouth too!

It has been so nice having Ben around more. He had 3 classes the first session of the semester so Liam and I were really missing him. Now he only has 2 and it seems so much more manageable. We are just clinging to the last days of warm weather. We have all really loved going on walks every day to the park or around the neighborhood. Its so beautiful outside with the leaves starting to change colors.

Well, we'll show you more next month!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Ok Ben it has been way too long!I have to say first off what a cute little guy you have!!He is adorable!I love his eyes and his awesome hair!! Oh it is soo fun to see you as a daddy!! YEAH! I cant wait to hopefully meet this little guy. and i also would love to meet your very very cute wife!!I am soo excited to be able to see your blog and get updates on your family..man i need to start one..i just keep putting it off...oh well.... I will be in town the first of the year with my little guys and would love to get together!! Let me know if you are in town. COngrats on liam..he is adorable...keep in touch...shauna, jesse, conner and gavin:)
jesseandshauna@hotmail.com

Sara Jane said...

Gaby I am in love with Liam! He is so flippin cute! When can I come visit again. Marianne and I want to come over soon! I miss you and was thinking about you today and work and wished you were there so we could laugh our heads off!

Jamie Lynn said...

Gaby! Liam just keeps getting cuter and cuter, I cannot believe he is 4 months old! I am glad you guys are doing so well. I can't believe its been almost a year since we pulled out the Dean/Matt costumes. I remember when you came into the office and said you had the best idea ever, imagine my suprise when it really was, the best idea I had EVER heard. The second best idea ever is for me to be a trucker for Halloween, like you have to pay me100! I'm in.

Jamie Lynn said...

Gabs-

Please please please have Liam be a hot dog for Halloween. Also, my niece was a peacock once and that was the other cutest costume I have ever seen.

p.s. I think they have hot dog costumes for actual dogs, think how awesome it would be if your pups and Liam had matching costumes.

Emily (the queen) said...

I can't believe how BIG Liam is!!! He is so ridiculously good looking! Haha. It was good to hear from you guys on our blog. We miss you...Taylor is coming home for a week in November so we all need to get together and go to dinner or something. I need to see little Liam again!