Monday, November 26, 2007

Confessions of a Housewife

I start out with a disclaimer that these confessions are just my random thoughts put into words. Mostly for the girls I used to work with and my other housewife friends who completely sympathize. Thank you for not judging me by this or any future confessions I may make.

So I think this might have to be a regular part of our blog. Ben can update his life with "Confessions of a Professional." A professional what . . . well that's up to him. Anyway, so I will just start telling my stories. So the last 3 pots of rice I've tried to make have gone to pot. I've either burned, undercooked, or not added enough water. So yesterday Ben had the great idea to make rice pudding for breakfast. I was suppose to be watching it, and all the milk overflowed into the burner. No, the rice pudding did not turn out. So today when making lunch, I was left to attend Ben's family recipe for Mac N Cheese, when the stove top caught on fire because yesterday I forgot to clean to burner. Of course I was freaking out and laughing all at the same time, and Ben was not available to help (ehem, he was occupied on the can) so I was running around the kitchen waving my arms with dish towels so the smoke detector would stop, while trying not to pee my pants. (All the while Liam didn't even blink at the alarm - weird) The Mac N Cheese did turn out, luckily. But I did spent a good 45 minutes cleaning out the pot used for the above mentioned dish. Oh yeah, and I pulled the blinds in the kitchen down, and they came unscrewed and fell down on top of me. That was fun too.
Then this afternoon, I was changing Liam's diaper -- which as a side note, when feeding your baby solids for the first time, go easy on the prunes -- his poop was so liquidy when I went to clean him the wipe slipped right off his butt and spread poop all over my pants. Good times.
Oh, and by the way I'm never watching reality TV again. I am going to fight for the return of the sitcom. Any old loser can be on reality TV. I will admit, I am sorely bitter about the results of "The Bachelor." There was a part of me that loved watching these girls fall in love with Brad, I don't know, something cute and romantic. Whatever. No more reality TV.
Ok, maybe American Idol, but that's it.
My little baby is still napping. Normally that would be great, but now its 8:15 pm. I've gone in and turned the TV on, walked around making noise, nothing. He is conked. He's just so snuggly and peaceful. He won't be snuggly and peaceful tomorrow morning at 4 am! I guess I better sign off and get that boy up!

5 comments:

Sara Jane said...

Gabs I loved your confessions! I miss your stories! I was bummed with the results of the Bachelor as well, but some how still entertained! Live on Reality TV! I am still addicted and not ready to admit I have problem!

Coleen Ure said...

I love your confessions because they sound like mine would! That's why we're such good friends. But, seriously, you're gonna watch the next Bachelor and you know it! It's too entertaining even though it is ridiculous.

Coleen Ure said...

Yeah, we should go that sounds like fun! I love to see the lights. I wish they had lights in sandy so we didn't have to go all the way down town, we've been implementing an earlier bed time for Ethan and it makes having a social life really hard....

Jamie Lynn said...

You need to start watching some quality reality tv like Americas Next Top Model. I miss you! We need to go to lunch when I am in town.

Kendal and Kendra said...

Hey, how are you? Becca sent me a link to your blog-hope you don't mind! Your stories are hilarious- and trust me, I have been there! We are excited for the 22nd! YAY!
I must say... America's next top model is a good watch! Somebody always gets picked- unlike the bachelor!!!